Drew Greenblatt, President of Marlin Steel Wire Products
Photo courtesy of the Baltimore Sun
A message from the President of Marlin Steel Wire Products
"I am passionate about Manufacturing. It creates a strong middle class. At Marlin Steel, we only build in the USA and we value our employees. I am most proud of our safety record.
We are growing rapidly because we are dedicated to solving engineering challenges. We make the Highest Quality Parts with Innovative Engineering and we Ship Quickly. That is our secret sauce
Quality, Engineered, Quick℠
Marlin Steel manufactures material handling and cleaning baskets, sheet metal fabrications, wire forms, and machined products for aerospace, automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and military applications. Growing seven years in a row despite the recession, Marlin's execution of
Quality, Engineered Quick℠
- is leading the company to success. What does
Marlin Steel (ISO 9001:2008) focuses on quality. Over $3 Million of new robots and automation investment have enabled Marlin Steel's team to make more precise parts. Marlin Steel's USA-made punch and USA-made laser hold tolerances of +/- 0.004" (0.1mm) and its Press Brake has tolerances of +/- 10 Microns! Check fixtures for each project ensure quality is built into every step.
Marlin Steel's secret sauce is engineering. 20% of Marlin Steel's team is degreed mechanical engineers. Their innovative concepts:
- Improve Throughput
- Reduce Scrap
- Reduce Material Handling
- Articulate Parts for Easy Retrieval
- RFID Enabled
- Barcode Enabled
Shipping quickly is critical when factories run at email pace. Shipping 4,500 custom baskets six business days after receiving the order is standard fare for Marlin Steel. Fast delivery enables nimble US factories to meet challenging client demands.
It is not just speed: 1,520 days of operations without a safety problem is a tribute to the positive safety culture at Marlin Steel. Marlin Steel makes everything in the USA and exports to 36 countries. Marlin is proud to be part of the Manufacturing Renaissance sweeping the USA: made in the USA.
Testimonial Quotes about Drew Greenblatt
- Drew created a state-of-the art, highly successful business manufacturing custom industrial baskets, shelves and hooks from the small bagel basket company in Baltimore that he bought in 1998. Today, his products are exported to approximately 25 countries worldwide and support a growing number of good-paying, high-skilled jobs. Drew's extraordinary energy, expertise and leadership on the National Association of Manufacturers' (NAM) Executive Committee have been tremendously valuable in our efforts to make the United States the best country in the world to manufacture, to innovate and to create jobs.
National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) President and CEO
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce congratulates Drew Greenblatt, President of Marlin Steel, for being recognized as one of Maryland's International Business Leaders by the World Trade Center Institute in Baltimore, MD. Marlin Steel exports to over 20 countries and Mr. Greenblatt understands the importance of international trade and the impact it can have on small business. Last April, Drew testified on behalf of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce before the U.S. House of Representatives Small Business Committee on Evaluating the Impact of Small Business Trade Policy on Job Creation and Economic Growth. He explained:
"America cannot have a growing economy or lift the wages and incomes of our citizens unless we continue to reach beyond our borders and sell products, agricultural goods, and services. After all, 95% of the world's population lives outside the United States. We want to sell to them."
Drew's leadership on the importance of international trade is recognized by the business community and he is a very deserving recipient of the International Business Leaders award.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Drew Greenblatt and Marlin Steel Wire Products represent the future of Next Generation Maryland Manufacturing. Embracing high tech, high skills, and sophisticated manufacturing practices, Marlin is a
"show case" of success. Drew is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Regional Manufacturing Institute (RMI) He has led RMI to a new level on significance. He is a great friend and a passionate and effective leader.
Dr. Mike Galiazzo
Regional Manufacturing Institute of Maryland
- Your business is a model of success in our state, and I look forward to working with you on ways to export that success to business leaders and entrepreneurs all over the country. Thank you for your continued innovation and dedication to creating American jobs.
United States Senator
- Drew is the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Regional Manufacturing Institute (RMI). He has expanded both the scope and impact of RMI programs and services and his dedication and energy are unmatched. Every day Drew Greenblatt is the
"Voice of manufacturing." The best way to learn about "Next Generation Maryland Manufacturing" is to visit Marlin steel and to spend time with Drew and his employees.
Dr. Mike Galiazzo
Regional Manufacturing Institute of Maryland
- As a fellow member and past president of the Wire Fabricators Association, Drew Greenblatt has been a consistent and highly regarded leader within our industry group. Drew always brings a high level of energy to every discussion and he is rich with ideas. He is a fun guy to be around and I look forward to seeing him at our industry group functions. I know Drew is very committed to manufacturing American made products and to protection of intellectual property rights. He is fair minded but absolutely not afraid to compete. I've always been impressed with the way he has been able to grow his business and with the shear sense of hustle and urgency that he always seems to exhibit with his business. I am glad that I don't have to compete against him!
President and Chief Executive Officer
Nashville Wire Products
- Drew Greenblatt and his company, Marlin Steel Wire Products, have been very active in the Wire Fabricators Association for quite some time. Drew has sponsored many companies for membership in our organization and has motivated others to do the same. He is a man of his convictions and always proves that there is a better way to do things; status quo is simply not acceptable. During his presidency, Drew implemented numerous member services that did nothing but make our organization stronger. He continually thinks outside the box and always offers suggestions to raise the bar for our organization and our member companies. He is a team player and works hard to not only increase the respect and visibility for his company, but for other wire fabricating companies, the Wire Fabricators Association and the industry as a whole. I can think of no other company or individual more deserving of this honor.
Roseanne M. Hoban
Wire Fabricators Association
Drop us an
We will complete your project on time and improve your throughput.