Food processing operations often rely on wire baskets for different applications. One such application involves holding forage for drying in ovens. Using the right custom wire baskets, these applications will remain compliant with the FDA’s strict requirements around safety. At Marlin Steel, we offer custom wire basket manufacturing to give our customers top-quality food processing baskets for forage dry-down and more.
What Are the Key Features and Benefits of Our Baskets?
Our custom food processing baskets come with several key benefits and features that keep our customers satisfied.
Food-Grade Stainless Steel
One feature that makes our food processing wire basket products reliable is their food-grade stainless steel construction. We use 304 and 316 stainless steel grades, which offer several advantages, including:
- Corrosion and oxidation resistant
- Easy to sterilize using heat-based sanitizing methods
- Capable of withstanding extreme temperatures
- Able to meet FDA regulatory requirements
- Capable of optimizing airflow, which eliminates major contamination risks
- Able to increase production output, which minimizes handling time as the basket can withstand a wide range of temperatures
We also use electropolishing to give our custom basket products an enhanced finish. This process uses a combination of an electrolyte bath and electric current to create a smooth surface on stainless steel components.
Some of the added benefits of electropolishing include:
- Easier to determine whether a part or tool is sterile
- Increased weldability without affecting the metal's surface
- Improved corrosion resistance
- Nonstick surfaces that allow for enhanced sanitation control
- Improved safety by removing burrs and sharp edges
- The removal of microscopic fissures that tend to weaken the surface of components
Use Case for Custom Food Processing Baskets
We have the ability to manufacture custom food processing baskets for forage dry-down and other applications in this industry. We work to customize baskets based on each customer's individual requirements.
In a recent project, one of our customers needed a new basket to hold forage for drying in a high-velocity oven. There were many unknowns involved, and the customer was open to ideation.
This customer required an entirely new design that met the following specific requirements:
- Dimensions. There were no critical dimensions or constraints due to the ability to adjust the oven shelves.
- Part size. The customer needed baskets that could hold materials ranging from 70 microns up to 1-2 inches in length.
- Max weight. Baskets needed to be able to hold a maximum weight of 200 grams.
They also required the following additional features:
- A lid
- Nesting and stacking capabilities
Also, the basket needed to withstand exposure to temperatures of up to 60° C for a maximum of 12 hours.
The experts at Marlin Steel understood that everything needed to be absolutely sterile involving this particular basket design. Fully sterile solutions are critical in the food processing industry, as any level of contamination can quickly destroy a company’s reputation.
At Marlin Steel, our products contribute to the health and welfare of our customers to prevent their factories from shutting down. For a slightly higher price, we offer top-quality racks in addition to custom food processing baskets. After working with us, this customer received a compliant solution that left them completely satisfied.
Choosing a Food Processing Wire Basket Supplier in Marlin Steel
Marlin Steel offers reliable custom wire baskets to meet various food manufacturing challenges. We have the ability to design a basket with the right dimensions, along with the right coatings and metals based on the needs of each unique application.
Connect with Marlin Steel for a Custom Wire Basket Solution
Safe and compliant 100% Made in USA steel wire baskets are crucial to the food processing industry for a range of applications. As a provider of custom wire basket solutions, we have the experience and resources to deliver the ideal product for your needs. 20% of our team are degreed engineers - we are standing by to create an innovative basket to improve your flow and let you hit your deadlines fast. For more information about our custom wire basket capabilities, contact us today, or request a quote to get started. You can also download our new ebook.