Everyday we interact with objects, whether at work or home, without giving much thought to their construction or manufacturing, until they don’t perform the way we’d like. When transporting materials in a bucket, we likely don’t consider the handle, but the manufacturing of that piece is essential in the bucket’s functionality and reliability.
With the acquisition of Baltimore Automatic Wire Forming Corporation (BAWFC), Marlin Steel assumed production of pail handles, bucket handles, paint can handles, and wire handles with and without grips for plastic or steel cans. BAWFC, the oldest and largest wire handle company in the USA, exports throughout the world and the team at Marlin will continue to build on BAWFC’s reputation for quality when it comes to bucket handles.
- What Are Bucket Handles?
- When Should a Wire Bucket Handle be Used?
- Why Use Steel Wire Bucket Handles Over Other Handle Materials?
- Top Applications & Use Cases for Wire Bucket Handles
What Are Bucket Handles?
Simply put, bucket handles are galvanized steel wire handles, affixed to buckets, to aid in the transportation of materials from one area to another, such as on a worksite. Handles, with comfort grips or without, make carrying heavy or cumbersome items easier and safer.
When Should a Wire Bucket Handle be Used?
As suggested above, we don’t really notice something like a handle, until it doesn’t work. That’s why considering what type of handle to use on your buckets is actually a pretty important consideration.
Consider using a wire bucket handle if:
1. You need corrosion resistance
Regular steel can rust and break down when exposed to humidity or moisture. Galvanized steel, on the other hand, is coated, providing a physical barrier to water damage. It won’t corrode or rust.
2. You need a tough long-lasting product
Not only does the galvanized steel provide protection from moisture, but the zinc coating also means you get protection from other elements as well. This protective buffer means a galvanized steel bucket handle, made with American steel, can last about 20 years with water exposure and up to 50 years in most other environments.
3. You need to haul heavy materials
When transporting materials, the last thing you want is the bucket handle to fail, causing a spill or even damage to your raw materials. For that reason, you want to choose a sturdy wire bucket handle, the kind made of galvanized steel.
4. You need a low cost option
Galvanized steel tends to be more cost effective than most other treated or coated steels. It doesn’t and won’t need additional preparation and is ready to go, to replace other wire bucket handles or to simply be added to an existing bucket inventory. This spares Marlin Steel customers additional preparation costs when they purchase our galvanized steel wire bucket handles.
Why Use Steel Wire Bucket Handles Over Other Handle Materials?
It’s really pretty simple. If you’re looking for a sturdy, tough, reliable, weather-resistant solution, then wire bucket handles are the route to go. When it comes to heavy loads, you want a bucket handle that won’t break on you and one that’s going to last.
Nearly every internet search you do regarding bucket handles will tell you that plastic, while weather resistant, just isn’t sturdy enough for a tough job. A simple steel bucket handle isn’t going to be weather-resistant. Only a galvanized steel wire bucket handle is likely to meet all your needs, be cost efficient and long lasting.
Top Applications & Use Cases for Wire Bucket Handles
It’s easy to assume that the only application for a wire bucket handle is on a bucket. While that’s the primary application, wire bucket handles are actually remarkably versatile and can be used in other applications as well.
Consider wire bucket handles for use on:
- Pots- Replace a traditional pot handle, particularly those that may be susceptible to moisture or other environmental concerns.
- Utensils- Particularly useful for storage, and for large utensils as those used in food manufacturing facilities or large industrial kitchens.
- Baskets- Marlin Steel produces a variety of wire mesh baskets for multiple uses across several industries including the aerospace, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food manufacturing sectors. In all of these industries, ensuring reliable and durable handles for wire mesh baskets, regardless of their use, is vital.
- Canning Industries- Wire bucket handles can be easily attached to large cans as well, as the kind used in the paint, oil, and food production industries.
Regardless of the application, Marlin Steel’s reputation for providing high quality American steel products, and its place in the market as the number one provider of wire bucket and pail handles, means that, when you place your order, you’re getting the best on the market. If you’ve got questions about what you might need, or how we can manufacture something to meet those needs, reach out today!